These cakey cookies have crisp edges and fluffy centers almost like muffin tops – which we can all agree is the best part of a muffin. Packed with sweet spices, pumpkin purée and lots of chocolate chips, they are a delightful autumn treat that pair well with a cold glass of milk.
Use whichever type of chocolate chips you prefer, in whatever proportion you like, but a combination of milk and bittersweet are especially nice.
These Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookies have crisp edges and fluffy centers almost like muffin tops – which we can all agree is the best part of a muffin.
- 2 cups/256 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup/113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick), soft but cool
- ½ cup/4 ounces/113 grams cream cheese, cold and cut into 8 pieces
- ¾ cup/165 grams light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup/101 grams granulated sugar
- ¾ cup/202 grams pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups/303 grams chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, salt and spices until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the pumpkin purée and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixer to low, and add the dry ingredients. Mix until a few streaks of flour remain. Remove the bowl from the mixer, add the chocolate chips and use a rubber spatula to fold the mixture until well combined.
- Scoop the cookies onto prepared baking sheets using a 1-ounce (roughly 2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, 2 inches apart. Gently press the cookies with your fingertips to flatten them slightly. The batter is quite sticky, so you may occasionally have to rinse the cookie scoop and your fingers during this process.
- Put the cookies in the oven, and bake, until they are slightly cracked on the surface and golden, and rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Calories: 199 calories
- Sugar: 19 grams
- Sodium: 123 miligrams
- Fat: 9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Puree